In less than a week, the anticipation that has been building for months on end, will finally be released and millions will watch as legends and failures are made in front of our very eyes.
The Cheltenham Festival, iconic and well known by all punters, is something that every Horse Racing follower adores and savors. It is the World Cup, European Championship and FA Cup all merged into one week. We see the very best here, battling against each other in an attempt to earn their respective crowns. As I look to next week, it is clear to see that the competition is higher than ever and the competitive, aggressive spirit between trainers is sure to be at an all time high.
With horses such as Sprinter Sacre on show this year, it is easy to forget the beauty and true talent of these animals, whilst we all run around frantically, trying to place our bets. Whilst the gambling side of this sport intensifies the drama and sets all pulses racing as the runners make their way into the home straight for the final time, it is important to sit back and remember that we are watching the very top athletes participate here.
Betting wise, it is going to be a very interesting week. All participants will be at the top of their game, so trying to find an edge will be difficult at times. There will be moments where we get things wrong and there will be times when we land a touch, but we must remember that whether we win, or lose on the week, that we don't go home angry or delighted. You may have had the best or worst betting week of your life, but never give up. This is a marathon, and I can promise you, that whilst you're with me, following my tips, you will make a profit. We are up massively at the moment, but this can change in an instant. Follow my advice for Cheltenham and you will have a good week. I can promise you that.
I'm very lucky to be traveling to Cheltenham on St Patrick's Day (Thursday) as my father, Mark Holder (@markholder22), looks to compete in the last race of the day, the St Patrick's Derby. He has worked enormously hard to get fit, lose the weight required and to stand a chance of being competitive in the race. I am one of 3 children, and I think I speak for all of us when I say, that he has been a huge inspiration to all of us. His competitive and driven side is one to truly admire and he has raised well over £15,000 for Cancer Research UK in the process. If you would like to donate to this cause, then please click the following link: www.justgiving.com/mark-holder
Other than that, Cheltenham looks to be a busy week for us here at 'Where's My Edge?' Rather than give you Saturday's tips at the end of the week, I have decided to work the blog as follows:
Monday - No Tips
Tuesday Morning - Tips for Tuesday's Racing at Cheltenham
Wednesday Morning - Tips for Wednesday's Racing at Cheltenham
Thursday Morning - Tips for Thursday's Racing at Cheltenham
Friday Morning - Tips for Friday's Racing at Cheltenham
Saturday - No Tips
Sunday - Cheltenham Week Review
Once again, to remind everyone, I will be at Chepstow this Saturday, so all tips for racing on the Chepstow card will be uploaded here on Saturday morning.
JH
The Cheltenham Festival, iconic and well known by all punters, is something that every Horse Racing follower adores and savors. It is the World Cup, European Championship and FA Cup all merged into one week. We see the very best here, battling against each other in an attempt to earn their respective crowns. As I look to next week, it is clear to see that the competition is higher than ever and the competitive, aggressive spirit between trainers is sure to be at an all time high.
With horses such as Sprinter Sacre on show this year, it is easy to forget the beauty and true talent of these animals, whilst we all run around frantically, trying to place our bets. Whilst the gambling side of this sport intensifies the drama and sets all pulses racing as the runners make their way into the home straight for the final time, it is important to sit back and remember that we are watching the very top athletes participate here.
Betting wise, it is going to be a very interesting week. All participants will be at the top of their game, so trying to find an edge will be difficult at times. There will be moments where we get things wrong and there will be times when we land a touch, but we must remember that whether we win, or lose on the week, that we don't go home angry or delighted. You may have had the best or worst betting week of your life, but never give up. This is a marathon, and I can promise you, that whilst you're with me, following my tips, you will make a profit. We are up massively at the moment, but this can change in an instant. Follow my advice for Cheltenham and you will have a good week. I can promise you that.
![]() |
| Cheltenham Festival 2012 |
I'm very lucky to be traveling to Cheltenham on St Patrick's Day (Thursday) as my father, Mark Holder (@markholder22), looks to compete in the last race of the day, the St Patrick's Derby. He has worked enormously hard to get fit, lose the weight required and to stand a chance of being competitive in the race. I am one of 3 children, and I think I speak for all of us when I say, that he has been a huge inspiration to all of us. His competitive and driven side is one to truly admire and he has raised well over £15,000 for Cancer Research UK in the process. If you would like to donate to this cause, then please click the following link: www.justgiving.com/mark-holder
Other than that, Cheltenham looks to be a busy week for us here at 'Where's My Edge?' Rather than give you Saturday's tips at the end of the week, I have decided to work the blog as follows:
Monday - No Tips
Tuesday Morning - Tips for Tuesday's Racing at Cheltenham
Wednesday Morning - Tips for Wednesday's Racing at Cheltenham
Thursday Morning - Tips for Thursday's Racing at Cheltenham
Friday Morning - Tips for Friday's Racing at Cheltenham
Saturday - No Tips
Sunday - Cheltenham Week Review
Once again, to remind everyone, I will be at Chepstow this Saturday, so all tips for racing on the Chepstow card will be uploaded here on Saturday morning.
JH

No comments:
Post a Comment