2:05PM - Supreme Novices Hurdle
Prediction - This race is full of worthy contenders and it does look like My Tent or Yours and Jezki stand out from the rest, as far as betting is concerned. However, I have decided to look for value in the prices and I have chosen two horses which I feel are the best bets to have in the race. My first selection is UN ATOUT, a French Bred horse who has never lost over hurdles. His form is in itself, remarkable and he is sure to give the favorite something to worry about in the race. He has performed exceptionally well on Heavy ground, beating his opposition by 19 lengths. In both his runs, his finishing times have been extrodinary and well in front of his rivals. I expect him to go well today and give My Tent or Yours a good run for it's money. The other selection, is CHELTENIAN, who has gone very well in his last few starts. I watched some of his races back and his win last year at Cheltenham in the Champion Bumper was fantastic. He has fended off a number of tough opposition in the past and was unlucky to finish second last time out at Doncaster. At a price of 20/1 or more, he is great value and I would expect him to finish well in the race.
3:20PM - JLT Speciality Handicap Chase
Prediction - A race with 24 runners in is sure to produce some interesting outcomes. Whilst Our Mick is favorite, I'm not to keen to back him, despite his impressive form. There are a number here I do like, but I will give 4 selections for you to choose from. MERRY KING and LOCH BA have done brilliantly over the last year, with some impressive performances in testing conditions and against tough rivals. They both have the ability to win tomorrow and I expect both of them to challenge for the eventual win. MONKERTY TUNKERTY and PETE THE FEAT are both fantastic value. They have also turned in some fantastic performances, with both of them happy to go on Soft ground if needs be. Their market prices suggest that they are long shots, but Cheltenham punters should know all too well, that at the Festival, anything can happen. All of these 4 selections, are great value and I expect them to be in the thick of things in the race.
4:00PM - Stan James Champion Hurdle
Prediction - One of the most anticipated races of the Festival and what a great show it is likely to be. For me, I cannot see pass ZARKANDAR who has been flawless in a number of his runs leading up to this. Hurricane Fly has been equally as impressive, although we saw a similar pattern last year and then when it all mattered at the Festival, he had nothing to give. If the odds were attractive, it may also be worth placing a small bet on ROCK ON RUBY who has impressed numerous times over the year and whilst he has been beaten by the likes of Zarkander and Hurricane Fly in the past, he usually delivers when asked of him. Therefore, I expect these two selections to be thoroughly involved towards the end of the race.
5:45PM - Glenfarclas Handicap Chase
Prediction - With this race being over 3m 7f, it is a grueling test of stamina with only the very best likely to finish in style. Here, there are 3 which I think are good bets to have in this race, with 2 being the most likely to win and the third bet being good value for money. Firstly, I have selected ARABELLA BOY and BOSTONS ANGEL to fight it out for the win. These two have met previously and were 1st and 2nd in their respective race. The distance between the two was only 3/4 of a length so they look to be closely matched. Both are in good form and I expect them to handle the conditions no problem tomorrow and chase the win. The other selection in this race, is LEAC AN SAIL. This horse has been impressive over the distance required and has fended off some tough opposition in the past. He is regarded by the Bookmakers, as a 'long shot' at 25/1, but the form and performances show that we cannot disregard this horse.
I wish you all the best of luck and I will be tweeting (@WheresMyEdge) throughout the day, so make sure you follow me!
JH
Prediction - This race is full of worthy contenders and it does look like My Tent or Yours and Jezki stand out from the rest, as far as betting is concerned. However, I have decided to look for value in the prices and I have chosen two horses which I feel are the best bets to have in the race. My first selection is UN ATOUT, a French Bred horse who has never lost over hurdles. His form is in itself, remarkable and he is sure to give the favorite something to worry about in the race. He has performed exceptionally well on Heavy ground, beating his opposition by 19 lengths. In both his runs, his finishing times have been extrodinary and well in front of his rivals. I expect him to go well today and give My Tent or Yours a good run for it's money. The other selection, is CHELTENIAN, who has gone very well in his last few starts. I watched some of his races back and his win last year at Cheltenham in the Champion Bumper was fantastic. He has fended off a number of tough opposition in the past and was unlucky to finish second last time out at Doncaster. At a price of 20/1 or more, he is great value and I would expect him to finish well in the race.
3:20PM - JLT Speciality Handicap Chase
| I will be tweeting (@WheresMyEdge) throughout the day. |
4:00PM - Stan James Champion Hurdle
Prediction - One of the most anticipated races of the Festival and what a great show it is likely to be. For me, I cannot see pass ZARKANDAR who has been flawless in a number of his runs leading up to this. Hurricane Fly has been equally as impressive, although we saw a similar pattern last year and then when it all mattered at the Festival, he had nothing to give. If the odds were attractive, it may also be worth placing a small bet on ROCK ON RUBY who has impressed numerous times over the year and whilst he has been beaten by the likes of Zarkander and Hurricane Fly in the past, he usually delivers when asked of him. Therefore, I expect these two selections to be thoroughly involved towards the end of the race.
5:45PM - Glenfarclas Handicap Chase
Prediction - With this race being over 3m 7f, it is a grueling test of stamina with only the very best likely to finish in style. Here, there are 3 which I think are good bets to have in this race, with 2 being the most likely to win and the third bet being good value for money. Firstly, I have selected ARABELLA BOY and BOSTONS ANGEL to fight it out for the win. These two have met previously and were 1st and 2nd in their respective race. The distance between the two was only 3/4 of a length so they look to be closely matched. Both are in good form and I expect them to handle the conditions no problem tomorrow and chase the win. The other selection in this race, is LEAC AN SAIL. This horse has been impressive over the distance required and has fended off some tough opposition in the past. He is regarded by the Bookmakers, as a 'long shot' at 25/1, but the form and performances show that we cannot disregard this horse.
I wish you all the best of luck and I will be tweeting (@WheresMyEdge) throughout the day, so make sure you follow me!
JH
No comments:
Post a Comment