1:30PM - Jewson's Novices Chase
Prediction - A very tough race to call, with all the runners being competitive. I thought there were some small edges in the betting, although DYNASTE looks certain to become victorious. The Each Way selections I have chosen are AUPCHARLIE and CAPTAIN CONAN, who have shown fantastic form coming into the race, beating some tough opposition in the process and they look certain to place tomorrow. MOTOLOF could be the danger, if everything falls his way.
3:20PM - Ladbrokes World Hurdle
Prediction - This is, prehaps, the race of the Festival for me. All of the horses are at the top of their game and it looks certain to be a fantastic display. There has been a lot of talk about who is better; Oscar Whisky or Reve De Sivola. I sat down and looked at the form tonight with right hand man Jonny Stubbs, (@jonnyjstubbs) and we both went with different options. Jonny went with Oscar Whisky, a clear proven stayer who has more than enough ability to win this race. I, on the other hand, went for REVE DE SIVOLA. I've backed this horse twice in succession now, and he has failed to disappoint me on both occasions. Whilst it was close between the pair at Cheltenham last time out, as long as Richard Johnson keeps him ahead of Oscar Whisky, I can't see Reve De Sivola losing this one. Other preference for an Each Way place, may be GET ME OUT OF HERE. This horse doesn't look as good as the leading pair, but I still think he should put in a good show and finish in the top 3.
4:00PM - Bryne Group Plate
Prediction - Another competitive race, where there have been a few overpriced horses in my opinion. VINO GREGIO, performed brilliantly when I saw him run at Cheltenham. The course and distance appeared to be no problem for this horse and he has been massively underestimated in the race. The opposition he had to fend off last time at Cheltenham were not weak by any means and he is certainly one to have a small Each Way bet on. My other preference is for HUNT BALL, ridden by Nick Scholefield, he is a talented horse to say the least. He defied the odds last year by landing the win and I expect him to do his best to retain his crown this year. Nick, a star jockey in my eyes, knows exactly how to ride this horse and I would be very surprised if he wasn't in the thick of things come the end of the race.
5:15PM - Glenfarclas Handicap Chase
Prediction - With this race being over 3m 7f, it is a grueling test of stamina with only the very best likely to finish in style. Here, there are 3 which I think are good bets to have in this race, with 2 being the most likely to win and the third bet being good value for money. Firstly, I have selected ARABELLA BOY and BOSTONS ANGEL to fight it out for the win. These two have met previously and were 1st and 2nd in their respective race. The distance between the two was only 3/4 of a length so they look to be closely matched. Both are in good form and I expect them to handle the conditions no problem tomorrow and chase the win. The other selection in this race, is LEAC AN SAIL. This horse has been impressive over the distance required and has fended off some tough opposition in the past. He is regarded by the Bookmakers, as a 'long shot' at 25/1, but the form and performances show that we cannot disregard this horse.
Prediction - A very tough race to call, with all the runners being competitive. I thought there were some small edges in the betting, although DYNASTE looks certain to become victorious. The Each Way selections I have chosen are AUPCHARLIE and CAPTAIN CONAN, who have shown fantastic form coming into the race, beating some tough opposition in the process and they look certain to place tomorrow. MOTOLOF could be the danger, if everything falls his way.
3:20PM - Ladbrokes World Hurdle
![]() |
| I expect Reve De Sivola (pictured) to go well today |
Prediction - This is, prehaps, the race of the Festival for me. All of the horses are at the top of their game and it looks certain to be a fantastic display. There has been a lot of talk about who is better; Oscar Whisky or Reve De Sivola. I sat down and looked at the form tonight with right hand man Jonny Stubbs, (@jonnyjstubbs) and we both went with different options. Jonny went with Oscar Whisky, a clear proven stayer who has more than enough ability to win this race. I, on the other hand, went for REVE DE SIVOLA. I've backed this horse twice in succession now, and he has failed to disappoint me on both occasions. Whilst it was close between the pair at Cheltenham last time out, as long as Richard Johnson keeps him ahead of Oscar Whisky, I can't see Reve De Sivola losing this one. Other preference for an Each Way place, may be GET ME OUT OF HERE. This horse doesn't look as good as the leading pair, but I still think he should put in a good show and finish in the top 3.
4:00PM - Bryne Group Plate
Prediction - Another competitive race, where there have been a few overpriced horses in my opinion. VINO GREGIO, performed brilliantly when I saw him run at Cheltenham. The course and distance appeared to be no problem for this horse and he has been massively underestimated in the race. The opposition he had to fend off last time at Cheltenham were not weak by any means and he is certainly one to have a small Each Way bet on. My other preference is for HUNT BALL, ridden by Nick Scholefield, he is a talented horse to say the least. He defied the odds last year by landing the win and I expect him to do his best to retain his crown this year. Nick, a star jockey in my eyes, knows exactly how to ride this horse and I would be very surprised if he wasn't in the thick of things come the end of the race.
5:15PM - Glenfarclas Handicap Chase
Prediction - With this race being over 3m 7f, it is a grueling test of stamina with only the very best likely to finish in style. Here, there are 3 which I think are good bets to have in this race, with 2 being the most likely to win and the third bet being good value for money. Firstly, I have selected ARABELLA BOY and BOSTONS ANGEL to fight it out for the win. These two have met previously and were 1st and 2nd in their respective race. The distance between the two was only 3/4 of a length so they look to be closely matched. Both are in good form and I expect them to handle the conditions no problem tomorrow and chase the win. The other selection in this race, is LEAC AN SAIL. This horse has been impressive over the distance required and has fended off some tough opposition in the past. He is regarded by the Bookmakers, as a 'long shot' at 25/1, but the form and performances show that we cannot disregard this horse.

No comments:
Post a Comment