Monday, 4 March 2013

A Review Of The Last 2 Weeks for 'Where's My Edge?'

What a few weeks it's been for 'Where's My Edge?'

After a miserable first week for the blog, I made sure that my analysis would be more in depth than ever and I would look at every possible angle in a race possible to create the most likely outcome. And thankfully, it's paid off..

Firstly, I would like to thank Cornelius Lysaght, leading BBC Horse Racing Correspondent, and Emma Spencer, Channel 4 Racing Presenter, for their kind words and enthusiasm about the blog. Thanks to these two pundits, the word continues to spread about 'Where's My Edge?' and our client base continues to grow day in, day out.

Saturday 23rd February was a fantastic day, and we ensured that all clients who had followed our tips precisely how we said, had a healthy return on their investment. There was one bet which I forgot to put up on the blog at the time, which was a 7/1 Double including, Safran De Cotte and Irish Saint, a Paul Nicholls trained horse. Overall, I was exceptionally pleased with how the day went and the comments I received after the day's racing, were very pleasant and satisfying.

Like previously mentioned I don't dwell on each day's events, no matter now successful they are. So, Saturday 2nd March was a new betting day for me, although I was keen to carry the momentum we gained the previous Saturday, into this week.

And what a day it was!

The day started brilliantly, with Buck Magic (7/1) winning in the 2:05 at Newbury and Monetary Fund (10/1) finished 3rd in the same race. I had backed Buck Magic in his previous start at Wincanton, and whilst he was fairly poor that day, I think the ground went against him and on a firmer ground like Newbury, I always felt he was in with every chance. Monetary Fund also really impressed me. With an SP of 10/1, clearly the Bookmakers and Punters thought that he was a long shot, when in actual fact, he kept on well at the end of the race and was very close to 2nd place.
The other tip in that race, Ballytober, was unfortunate to fall at the second last. The horse was traveling really well up until this point and if he hadn't fell, I feel I could have tipped the top 3 finishers. But that's racing.

The 2:40 was slightly disappointing with Desperate Dex never traveling as well as I thought he would do. Neither did Mortimers Cross or Sona Sasta, so that race was a complete failure in my eyes and I have to go back and look at where I went wrong and how I can fix that in the future.

The 3:15 was much better. Although the favorite, Sporting Boy, never looked like winning the race 3 from home due to his lengthy absence, Meganisi (14/1) traveled really well and made it home in top spot. Having backed and tipped him each way, this was a fantastic result and I was delighted with the comments we received later on that evening.,

So, we have had a brilliant 2 weeks.

I will be heading off to Chepstow this Saturday for a day's racing with companion, Jonny Stubbs (@jonnyjstubbs). Therefore, I will be focusing on this card and will look to bring you all the latest news from the course via my Twitter page (@WheresMyEdge).

JH

No comments:

Post a Comment