Saturday, 9 March 2013

CHEPSTOW 4:50PM SATURDAY 9TH MARCH 2012

See previous posts for earlier racing
at Chepstow

I WILL BE AT CHEPSTOW TODAY, SO PLEASE COME AND SAY HELLO IF YOU'RE THERE TOO.

Tribal Dance - This horse has proved to be too unreliable in his past performances, pulling up twice in his last three performances. He last won in November 2011, and since then, the form has looked fairly average. That's not to say he has put in some pleasing performances during summer 2012. Overall, I think he is a bit too inconsistent for me to take a serious interest in this horse.

Bravo Bravo - The form looks fairly decent here, with this horse not finishing outside the top 4 since October 2012. He won at Chepstow in November against poor opposition and his other pleasing performances have also come against fairly moderate opposition. Overall, I will have to look at the other runners first before i can truly understand if this horse is a serious contender

Bellasguardo - This horse has only ever run 5 times in its career and has never finished outside the top 4. On his latest run at Kempton at the start of February, he finished 4th in a competitive handicap hurdle. His other performances have also come against fairly moderate opposition and with the soft ground likely to be in his favour today, he could be good value for an Each Way bet

Super Colider - This horse's recent performances at Leicester and Ludlow have done nothing to suggest he can be a competitive contender in today's race. These were against a low quality opposition and the last time he won was in January 2011. Overall, I cannot find a way that this horse can have an influence on the final outcome today.

Homer Run - Not to be confused with David Pipes "Home Run", this horse was clearly in great form in 2012. However  on his last run in June, he ran very poorly against some tough opposition and we have not seen him since. This lengthy absence is likely to play against him today, and I feel he may need a few more recent runs under his belt before he can really challenge for a win again.

Maxdelas - This horse hasn't won a race since his first outing in December 2010. Since then, he has failed to make a decent impression on any of his races and has always been regarded as a long shot. The quality of this race may be too much for him again today and therefore, I will not be taking any further interest

Douchkeerek - This horse has only raced 4 times over hurdles in his career, and has once again, failed to have any significant impact on the final outcomes. He finished 7th last time out at Kempton in a competitive handicap hurdle, although he ended up being 43 lengths behind the eventual winner, Overall, I don't feel this horse can raise his game for today's test, so I wont be taking any further interest.

Roses Legend - This horse hasn't run since September 2012, so there are already alarm bells going off that he may lack race fitness. He was fairly consistent in his performances back then, however, putting in some pleasing runs against some competitive opposition. Overall, I am unlikely to back this horse today, as I feel he will need a few more runs to get back to peak fitness.

Arch Event - An Ex Flat horse, he has only jumped over hurdles 5 times in his career, and has never produced any interesting or decent performances in any of these. His best form has come over the flat and after failing to make any sort of impression over hurdles, a return to the stalls would surely be best for him.

Southway Queen - This horse finished second last time out in a fairly ordinary mares handicap hurdle, and was only beaten by a shoulder by the eventual winner. She does seem to like Soft ground and with her opposition today being weak, she does look to have a good chance.

Nicene Creed - This horse has proved to be fairly unreliable and inconsistent on a regular basis, never particularly having a significant influence on the final outcome of the race. These have also come against moderate opposition, so the form looks to be solid. Overall, her unreliability is key today, and for that reason, I won't be having a bet.

Decent Lord - This horse's best performances have come over a much shorter trip than this today, which is likely to be of a concern. On his most recent outing  he finished 108 lengths behind the eventual winner, whilst finishing similar distances behind in his other races. For me, he clearly lacks the ability to win and for that reason, I won't be having a bet.

Feisty Lass - This horse has only run twice over hurdles in her career and has always been considered a long shot in pretty much all of her starts. She is coming up against weak opposition today, but I still have doubts about her ability and for that reason, I won't be taking my interest further.

Some Secret - He returned to action in January after not racing since 2011 and got off to a pleasing start, finishing 3rd at Exeter on Heavy ground over 2m7f. He is used to running over longer distances than today's trip, but is proven on testing conditions. He pulled up on his last run but this was over 3m, and I think today's test will suit. Each Way prospects.

PREDICTION - Value for money is key here. SOUTHWAY QUEEN looks to almost certainly be in the frame and I will be placing an Each Way bet on her today. Other preferences are for BELLOSGUARDO and SOME SECRET.

No comments:

Post a Comment