See previous posts for racing at
Chepstow and Kempton
Oiseau De Nuit - The form for this horse looks fairly average, with his last win back in October. Since then, he has raced twice, finishing 6th on both occasions in very competitive races. His win also came against some tough opposition, suggesting that the form here, is solid. Overall, it is clear that the horse has ability but his slump in form may be his downfall today.
Cornas - This horse hasn't won since January 2011 and since then the form looks pretty average. He hasn't run since April of last year, suggesting that he may not be fit enough to win this race, especially in these tricky conditions. He had a good season in 2011, but I believe it will take a few more runs for this horse to become a serious contender.
Doeslessthanme - After a fantastic year in 2012, this horse has started 2013 off slowly, finishing 4th at Warwick over 2m4f on Heavy ground. This was a big stamina test for him and he failed to reproduce his best form. This drop in trip should suit, although the going of the ground is a slight concern. Overall, I expect this horse to go well today.
Oh Crick - There has been widespread interest in this horse and many have told me that he is the one to watch today. I cannot see any reason why this is the case. He has proved unreliable at times and although he won at Chepstow last time he was here, I'm not totally convinced he will reproduce the same form today.
Dunowen Point - A horse which is clearly in the form of his life, having not finished outside the top 2 since May 2011. Furthermore, all the races he has participated in have been against fairly competitive opposition. If we take the form figures into account, I see no reason why this horse can't go on and win today.
Renard - With his last win back in January last year, the form looks fairly average and he has been unreliable in some of his starts. He hasn't run since December and I fear against good quality opposition today, that he may not be good enough to have a big influence on the outcome.
Gus Macrae - This horse has a good number of wins under his belt, but all have come against fairly average opposition. He has consistently failed to produce quality performances on testing ground, which may play against him today. Overall, I don't feel that the ground is a worry and the opposition may prove to be too tough today.
Ballgarvey - Whilst this horse has a good track record of wins, it has proven unreliable in the past. However, he relishes testing ground and if the going is like that today, I predict this horse to go well today. This is a drop down in trip for him which should suit. Overall, with the conditions as they are, I fancy this horse today.
Anay Turge - N/R
PREDICTION - There are a few horses here which I like, but as this is a 8 runner race, I have selected 3 which I think are most likely to complete the podium. DUNOWEN POINT looks like the most likely winner here, with BALLYGARVEY and DOESLESSTHANME completing the place positions.
No comments:
Post a Comment