Cappa Bleu - This horse is proven over 3m and 4th in last years Grand National, so the trip is no concern whatsoever. In fact, this may be a little too short for Cappa Bleu. Last time, he ran over 3m 110y and finished 2nd on Heavy ground. He has always been fairly consistent and has never finished outside the first 4. This horse seems to prefer Good-Soft ground, whereas tomorrow is looking like it will be Heavy ground. In my eyes, anything 5/1 and upwards is very good odds for an Each Way position, therefore I will look at the market tomorrow and am likely to have a E/W bet on this horse if the odds are right. A player.
Tatenen - This horse has struggled over 3m in the past, which may be of some concern. However, after watching him at Cheltenham in December, I was very pleased with the way he ran, despite finishing 6th. A blunder 4 from home may have cost him the lead and victory that day, therefore the form may be not be as accurate as it suggests. His last 3m run at Kempton suggests he was traveling well, until tiring very quickly in the home straight. For me, I think he will struggle to fight for the win here, and a drop in trip should suit. I will not be having a bet.
Saint Are - This horse is proven over 3m, although the form doesn't look all that healthy. He was 4th at Cheltenham in December and seemed to struggle in the later stages of the race. However, this may be down to the terrible conditions that day and that it was also over 3m 1f 110y. His last win was in April last year at Aintree, where he seemed to cope well under pressure. His performance in that race was of pure quality against some tough opposition. However, his recent unreliability is a concern and only if the odds were right, would I then have a small Each Way bet. If bookmakers are willing to lay your bets at 8/1 or more, then that would be a good bet to have.
Problema Tic - Stamina should prove no problem for this horse, as he has won multiple races over 3m on fairly testing ground. Last time out, he fell at Aintree over 3m 2f on Heavy ground, although he was far from being beaten when he did fall. He prefers Good ground, but is also proven on testing conditions too. For me, this horse has more than enough ability to win the race and my only slight concern would be the ground. Big player.
Ashkazar - Only 2 starts over fences for this horse, with his form being relatively average over hurdles. He is more than capable over 3m, when he won at Cheltenham last April over 3m 1f in a competitive handicap. On his last race, he was never traveling and resulted in him being pulled up. My concern for this horse is the going of the ground, which may prove to be too hard for him tomorrow. I won't be having a bet.
The Rainbow Hunter - I like this horse and was disappointed to see him struggle at Chepstow last time out. It was reported after, however, that he had been suffering from a breathing problem. One can only assume that he has overcome this now and on a gradual recovery back to his best form. Before this issue, he has won two tough races over 3m in a row. Now, I'm not saying he will be back to his best, but at 9/1 and above, he is a fantastic E/W bet to have. A player.
Idarah - For me, the poor form and the current odds for this horse suggest that he almost certainly won't be involved a lot in the race tomorrow. He has never run over 3m and on testing conditions, he is likely to struggle. I will not be having a bet.
Vino Gregio - I am very keen to oppose this favorite, for a number of reasons. I was at Cheltenham that day when he won very convincingly over 2m 5f. However, after watching the race back, the jockey had come off the bridle fairly early to keep this horse in the race. Tomorrow, he will have to run an extra 5 furlongs, having never run over 3m before. The competition is also much harder than he faced last time. I won't be having a bet due to the simple fact that he is entering unknown territory here.
Brackloon High - Definitely proven over 3m and was 4th last time out at Sandown. However, in my eyes this is not a indicator of his true talent, due to early mistakes ruining his race. He doesn't particularly like testing conditions and prefers right handed tracks. Despite the figures on his form, I like this horse and if he can put his last effort behind him, he is sure to improve here. A player.
Major Malarkey - Stamina is no problem for this horse, having run in two 4m races. However, I have a big concern for him as far as the going of the ground is concerned for tomorrows race. He really doesn't like the testing conditions, and would prefer Good ground on a race like this. I think this is what's putting me off having a bet, as he is obviously a stayer, but the ground is likely to play against him.
PREDICTION - A 10 runner race means that I can't have too many bets in the race. I like 3 or 4 here, which include CAPPA BLEU, PROBLEMA TIC, THE RAINBOW HUNTER and BRACKLOON HIGH. However, I will only officially choose two horses for the selection. These are PROBLEMA TIC and THE RAINBOW HUNTER.
UPDATE - AS PROBLEMA TIC IS A NON RUNNER, I WILL BE SELECTING CAPA BLEU INSTEAD.
Tatenen - This horse has struggled over 3m in the past, which may be of some concern. However, after watching him at Cheltenham in December, I was very pleased with the way he ran, despite finishing 6th. A blunder 4 from home may have cost him the lead and victory that day, therefore the form may be not be as accurate as it suggests. His last 3m run at Kempton suggests he was traveling well, until tiring very quickly in the home straight. For me, I think he will struggle to fight for the win here, and a drop in trip should suit. I will not be having a bet.
Saint Are - This horse is proven over 3m, although the form doesn't look all that healthy. He was 4th at Cheltenham in December and seemed to struggle in the later stages of the race. However, this may be down to the terrible conditions that day and that it was also over 3m 1f 110y. His last win was in April last year at Aintree, where he seemed to cope well under pressure. His performance in that race was of pure quality against some tough opposition. However, his recent unreliability is a concern and only if the odds were right, would I then have a small Each Way bet. If bookmakers are willing to lay your bets at 8/1 or more, then that would be a good bet to have.
Problema Tic - Stamina should prove no problem for this horse, as he has won multiple races over 3m on fairly testing ground. Last time out, he fell at Aintree over 3m 2f on Heavy ground, although he was far from being beaten when he did fall. He prefers Good ground, but is also proven on testing conditions too. For me, this horse has more than enough ability to win the race and my only slight concern would be the ground. Big player.
Ashkazar - Only 2 starts over fences for this horse, with his form being relatively average over hurdles. He is more than capable over 3m, when he won at Cheltenham last April over 3m 1f in a competitive handicap. On his last race, he was never traveling and resulted in him being pulled up. My concern for this horse is the going of the ground, which may prove to be too hard for him tomorrow. I won't be having a bet.
The Rainbow Hunter - I like this horse and was disappointed to see him struggle at Chepstow last time out. It was reported after, however, that he had been suffering from a breathing problem. One can only assume that he has overcome this now and on a gradual recovery back to his best form. Before this issue, he has won two tough races over 3m in a row. Now, I'm not saying he will be back to his best, but at 9/1 and above, he is a fantastic E/W bet to have. A player.
Idarah - For me, the poor form and the current odds for this horse suggest that he almost certainly won't be involved a lot in the race tomorrow. He has never run over 3m and on testing conditions, he is likely to struggle. I will not be having a bet.
Vino Gregio - I am very keen to oppose this favorite, for a number of reasons. I was at Cheltenham that day when he won very convincingly over 2m 5f. However, after watching the race back, the jockey had come off the bridle fairly early to keep this horse in the race. Tomorrow, he will have to run an extra 5 furlongs, having never run over 3m before. The competition is also much harder than he faced last time. I won't be having a bet due to the simple fact that he is entering unknown territory here.
Brackloon High - Definitely proven over 3m and was 4th last time out at Sandown. However, in my eyes this is not a indicator of his true talent, due to early mistakes ruining his race. He doesn't particularly like testing conditions and prefers right handed tracks. Despite the figures on his form, I like this horse and if he can put his last effort behind him, he is sure to improve here. A player.
Major Malarkey - Stamina is no problem for this horse, having run in two 4m races. However, I have a big concern for him as far as the going of the ground is concerned for tomorrows race. He really doesn't like the testing conditions, and would prefer Good ground on a race like this. I think this is what's putting me off having a bet, as he is obviously a stayer, but the ground is likely to play against him.
PREDICTION - A 10 runner race means that I can't have too many bets in the race. I like 3 or 4 here, which include CAPPA BLEU, PROBLEMA TIC, THE RAINBOW HUNTER and BRACKLOON HIGH. However, I will only officially choose two horses for the selection. These are PROBLEMA TIC and THE RAINBOW HUNTER.
UPDATE - AS PROBLEMA TIC IS A NON RUNNER, I WILL BE SELECTING CAPA BLEU INSTEAD.
Once again, you have to bear in mind I am looking for horses with the most value. I am not trying to pick the winner, but rather find horses which I think have been overpriced by the book makers and therefore are a good bet to have.
No comments:
Post a Comment