Monday, 11 February 2013

REVIEW: WARWICK 9TH FEBRUARY 2013

After a pleasing day's racing last weekend at Sandown, it got better and better with a fantastic result at Warwick the Saturday just gone.

12:55PM - Here I thought Cloudy Bob, Jonny Delta and Extremely So were all over priced by the bookmakers and thought that they were all good bets to have. Walking into William Hill on a cold, Saturday morning in Bristol, I looked at the odds and was delighted to see that all 3 horses were still more or less at the same prices I hoped they would be. I staked £5 E/W on all 3 horses, at 14/1 (Cloudy Bob) 8/1 (Jonny Delta) and 5/1 (Extremely So). 

The result was not perfect, but nevertheless, I was overjoyed as Cloudy Bob led the whole way and went on to claim victory at 14/1! At the time, I was joined by Jonny Stubbs, who I have mentioned in previous posts. Jonny had come with me that today with the intention of backing my horses. Instead, he missed out on the first race and put £20 into the machines and played on the electronic Black Jack. I couldn't have been more disappointed. He missed out on a fantastic win and whilst he went on to somehow win £100, I felt that I had the better result and victory tasted sweet. 


1:30PM - This race was more disappointing and we were unfortunate here. Ma Filleule won the race with the Champion Jockey, AP McCoy, on board. He started 7/4 favorite and always looked the likely winner, despite my reasoning for opposing him. He seemed to find this extended trip no problem, whilst the horses I backed, Kelles Belle and Kaffie, didn't deliver on the day. 

Saying that, I was pleased with the way Kaffie traveled for the majority of the race and I have no doubt that he will win a race of that calibre and distance in the not to distant future. Kelles Belle, on the other hand, never really got going and I thought that she was a massive disappointment in a race which she was more than capable of winning. 


Overall, it was a fantastic day with Cloudy Bob boasting profits substantially. If every weekend is like this one, we won't go too far wrong. However, we must remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint and whilst today was a winning day, there will be losing ones.

Hopefully, not too many!

BETTING TALLY SINCE START OF BLOG

10 Bets
3 Winners
3 Placed
4 Lost

No comments:

Post a Comment