Friday, 15 February 2013

WINCANTON 2:30PM 16TH FEBRUARY 2013

See previous posts below for racing at Ascot

Buck Magic - This horse was third last time out at Kempton in a fairly competitive race. He looked like winning that day, but had no answer to the eventual winner 2 from home. Before that he won at Cheltenham in a very competitive race over 2m 5f on Good-Soft ground. In my opinion, since changing yards this horse has been at the top of his game and if things fall his way tomorrow, he could be chasing the win.

Who Owns Me - This horse is well known for tests over long distances, so stamina is no problem. He has won numerous times and although this might be against tougher opposition, this horse has every chance of E/W prospects with it's great run of form. I will look to have a bet.

Amigo - With only two runs under his belt, I am struggling to see why this horse is the clear favorite. He is clearly comfortable over long distances when he won at Chepstow over 3m. He had to work hard to keep his lead that day and punters will have to bear in mind that Amigo is coming up against much more experienced horses who have a proven track record. I think Who Owns Me has ran well against tough opposition than Amigo has had to race, therefore I think this task will be much too difficult for him.

Benvolio - Much like Amigo, this horse has only started 3 races in England. He won last time out at Wincanton in a 2m6f Novice Hurdle race with moderate opposition. The form isn't as impressive as Amigo's, but nevertheless, I still feel that there are others who are more experienced and won against much better opposition. I'm not having a bet based on the fact that he hasn't had enough runs under his belt in more competitive races.

Old Tricks - He was 7th last time out at Cheltenham in a competitive handicap. His form doesn't look the most appealing and in some cases, this is true. Some poor performances have come against poor opposition and for that reason, I don't feel that he has the quality to beat some of these. I won't be having a bet.

The Jugopolist - Once again, the form doesn't look much when looking at this horse. After being pulled up at Warwick in January, he finished 2nd at Ffos Las in a moderately competitive Novices Hurdle race. The horse appears to like harder, faster ground which may play against him tomorrow. Personally, the poor form looks valid and for that reason, I won't be having a bet.

Semi Colon - This horse also has poor form. On his last two starts over hurdles, he has been in terrible form and has been quoted as 'one to avoid'. For that reason, I will not be having a bet.

Coup Royale - Once again, this horse has been in terrible form. In his last 4 starts, he has been pulled up 3 times. He previously had a breathing problem which may have caused him severe problems. I won't be having a bet.

Laflammedeglorie - This horse has only had 3 starts over hurdles, and pulled up last time out at Chepstow over 3m on Heavy ground. There appeared to be something wrong here as he stopped quickly out on track. This return may signal a revival back to his form shown in his last two runs. However, when he won, the trainer had no explanation for this improvement in form. For me, I would only have a bet if the odds were right, but other than that, I won't be interested.

Madam Naso - A horse who is out of form and is unlikely to make any sort of impact on today's race.


PREDICTION - This is a race which is very much split down the middle between high quality horses and the weak runners. Once again, I am looking for value, therefore I believe WHO OWNS ME is a brilliant Each Way bet at 10/1.

No comments:

Post a Comment