Friday, 25 January 2013

CHELTENHAM 3:35PM 26TH JANUARY 2013

(PLEASE SEE PREVIOUS POSTS FOR 12:40PM AND 1:15PM RACES)

Onto the third and final race I will be studying from today's Cheltenham card.


Oscar Whisky - Although he is the favorite, I don't fancy this horse to win. In March 2012 he was beaten by Smad Place by 5 lengths. This was the only time in his recent career that he failed to win, subsequently it is also the only time that he has ran over 3m. I really don't think he will stay the trip. For that reason, I am opposing him and will not have a bet on the race. I don't doubt his quality, but stamina is key for this type of race.

Reve De Sivola - I backed this horse at 9/2 when it ran at Ascot in December. It traveled fantastically that day, beating Smad Place by 14 lengths. He was also 2nd to Big Bucks at Newbury before this. Whilst this horse's form may not look as impressive as Oscar Whisky, I still feel that Reve De Sivola has enough to at least beat OW, if not win the race. Big player.

Lovcen - 4th last time out at Leicester over 2m7f on Good to Soft ground. He was 58 lengths off the lead that day, and never had a chance of winning. Before that, he was beaten at Dynaste at Kempton over 3m on Heavy ground by 36 lengths. He carries no threat going into tomorrow's race.

Crack Away Jack - 2nd at Cheltenham over 2m4f to Oscar Whisky, beaten by 19 lengths. However, he has a proven that he has more stamina than OW, finishing 2nd behind Big Bucks and in front of Smad Place. However, he does like a fast surface and that will be a important factor if I am to place a bet on him tomorrow. Nevertheless, I predict Crack Away Jack to finish ahead of Oscar Whisky tomorrow.

Cross Kennon - 6th at Cheltenham last time out over 3m on Heavy ground, beaten by At Fishers Cross. He didn't really travel well as it should have done. Before that, he finished 2nd at Cheltenham, beating Lovcen by 7 lengths. No real chance of getting into the top 3.

Kauto Stone - Pulled up at Kempton on Boxing Day. Won before that at Down Royal, where he traveled strongly. His jumping is consistent and good, although I feel the competition is slightly too strong for this horse to make any significant impact tomorrow.

Knockara Beau - 3rd last time out at Kelso over 2m7f on Soft ground, although he didn't travel very well. Before that, he won at Kelso, after putting in a strong performance. Again, I think that the competition may be too strong for this horse to cause an upset tomorrow.

Walkon - 2nd at Cheltenham over 2m5f on Heavy ground. This race was very competitive and he traveled very well, despite the tricky conditions and being beaten by 11 lengths. Previously, he was also 2nd at Cheltenham in another tricky and competitive race. Big player.

Kentford Grey Lady - 3rd last time out at Sandown over 2m4f on Heavy ground. I backed this horse when it won before this run at Sandown. She traveled well and always looked like she was going to beat her opposition, despite being off the top weight. Tomorrow, the opposition is much more competitive, therefore I think she maybe slightly out of her comfort zone.


PREDICTION - There are 3 horses which I think all have a very good chance of winning the race tomorrow. These are REVE DE SIVOLA, CRACK AWAY JACK and WALKON.

Personally, I will be having a each way bet on REVE DE SIVOLA and CRACK AWAY JACK.

For the win, I am looking to back WALKON at a 8/1 shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment