Friday, 25 January 2013

CHELTENHAM 1:15PM 26TH JANUARY 2013

(SEE PREVIOUS POST FOR 12:40PM RACE)

Onto the second race that I will be studying on the Cheltenham card.


Poquelin - Pulled up last time out at Cheltenham which was over 2m4f on Soft ground. However, this was a tough race as the competition in it was of a high quality. Previously, the horse was 4th at Ascot, although he never really looked like a threat to the leaders nor for the win. Another thing I've noticed about this horse, is that it doesn't like pressure and bearing everything in mind, I don't feel it has near enough quality to win tomorrow, nor pose a threat. I won't be having a bet.

Bold Sir Brian - Won last time out at Sandown over 3m on Soft ground, even making some minor errors along the way. Before that, it won at Carlisle very comfortably. Overall, it has won 5 out of its last 6 starts, indicating to me that this horse is very consistent, he is proven on all types of ground and has to be seriously considered. If the betting market is right, I will be taking a keen interest tomorrow.

Chance Du Roy - Fell last time out at Aintree, although at the time, he did look as good and was travelling as well as the eventual winner of the race. Before this, he was 10th at Chepstow over 2m4f. He is a proven winner and as he is low on the weights tomorrow, I can see him having a fairly promising chance of gaining a place. Player.

Quantitativeeasing - Beaten 60 lengths last time out at Cheltenham, although it was a very competitive race. As well as that, he also pulled up in his previous race, also at Cheltenham. For me, this horse is too inconsistent, and he hasn't won since December 2011. Overall, there are better runners and I won't be taking an interest in him tomorrow.

Bless The Wings - Won last time out at Newbury over 2m4 on Good to Soft ground. He is almost certain capable of being in the top handicap and needs this race to prove himself. He also won at Wetherby and looks like a horse that could feature well in races with top competitors. Overall, a horse which I will almost certain be backing tomorrow, whether it's for a win or place, I will have to see what the betting market looks like.

Katenko - Won last time out at Sandown, he relishes Heavy ground and also does well in all testing conditions. He was 2nd before that at Ascot. This was also on Heavy ground and over 3m. All depending on the weather overnight, I am yet to decide whether or not I will back this horse. If the ground is firm down to the frost, then I will oppose him as I don't feel he is good enough as others on harder ground.

Pacha Du Polder - 2nd last time out to Bold Sir Brian and was beaten by 16 lengths. He clearly looked like he had ran out of stamina by the end of the 3m trip, so this drop back may suit. He was no match for BSB that day and he is set to be beaten by him again today. Before this race, he pulled up at Aintree on Good ground over 2m4f. For me, this horse is too inconsistent and I will not be having a bet.

Our Mick - 3rd last time out at Cheltenham over 3m on Good ground. He traveled really well that day and was tracking the leaders for a lengthy period of time. Before this, he was 3rd at Newbury over 2m4f and this was a massive improvement compared to previous starts. To me, this looks like a horse who is consistent and has a lot of potential to improve. Player.

Nadiya De La Vega - Unseated last time out at Cheltenham on Heavy ground over 2m5f. Before that he was 3rd at Cheltenham in a very competitive race. This horse also won before that at Cheltenham over 2m4f on Good to Soft ground. He is a fantastic jumper when he wants to be and consistent in the majority of his races. He has to be a big player tomorrow.

Shoegazer - 2nd last time out at Chepstow over 2m3f on Heavy ground. Here, he looked like the winner before making a mistake at the last. It has the ability to handle all conditions well and won before that at Newton Abbot. For me, this horse has much more to give and if the odds are right in the betting market, I will look to have a Each Way bet. Player.

Fruit O' Rooney - 3rd last time out at Sandown over 3m on Heavy ground. Beaten by Katenko, although he did beat Tartak (see below) by just over a length. Katenko beat FOR by 20 lengths that day. He was 7th before that at Newbury in a very competitive race. Overall, he isn't good enough to beat Katenko and I think others are preferred.

Tartak - 4th last time out at Sandown over 3m on Heavy ground. Beaten by Katenko and Fruit O'Rooney. He doesn't look capable of winning a race of this calibre. Before this, we was 4th at Cheltenham in a very competitive race. For me, this horse is to inconsistent. He has good days and bad days and he is simply to hard to predict.

Quincy Des Pictons - 4th last time out at Haydock over 3m on Heavy ground. He beat Carrickboy by 40 lengths, who subsequently proceeded to beat Shoegazer. There is a debate to have here. Before that, he was 3rd at Haydock and he didn't travel that well. He is a previous winner, but lacks the experience to compete at this level.

Frontier Spirit - Won last time out at Ffos Las over 2m3f on Heavy ground. He traveled well here and at a medium weight, I am optimistic about his chances in this race. Before that he was 2nd at Fakenham when he had a clear chance of winning. For me, this horse is definitely won to keep a eye on. Each Way prospects.

Tullamore Drew - 3rd last time out at Wincanton over 2m5f on Soft ground. This was a fairly competitive race, although he was never really a serious player. Before that he was 2nd out of 5 at Newbury, but again never looked like he stood a chance of winning it. I will not consider him in my selection.



PREDICTION - There is a clear divide in this race between some excellent horses and others which don't really stand a chance at all. For me, the Each Way prospects are SHOEGAZER, BLESS THE WINGS and BOLD SIR BRIAN.
If I was looking for a horse to win the race, it would be NADIYA DE LA VEGA.

No comments:

Post a Comment