I would like to remind you that you can now subscribe to the weekly newsletter for free tips straight to your email inbox. We don't spam, and there is no charge. Go to www.wheresmyedge.co.uk to subscribe!
Sandown 2:40PM
I had a really good look at this race and whilst the favorite in Sanctuaire looks a promising bet, I am struggling to find any value in backing him.
For me, the selection here is Oiseau De Nuit, as he has beaten the vast majority of opposition in the past and looks to go well again in the race. He has had no issue in the past beating tough opposition and goes well on all types of ground. At a price of around 7/1 he looks a wise Each Way bet to have in this race.
Sandown 3:50PM
You simply have to have a bet in this race. At Bookmakers such as William Hill and Ladbrokes, they are offering 1/4 of the odds for the first 4 places, so an Each Way bet is certain for us here. As its the Bet365 Gold Cup chase, there are many high quality runners in the race and the gruelling distance of 3m5f is a long way and the vast majority of the horses competing have not run over this distance, so it's almost impossible to assume that they will stay the trip.
Therefore, I have looked at the horses which are proven over this distance and who I feel can make a good impression on the final result. Whilst disappointing in the Grand National, I have always been a fan of Balthazar King, who will stay the trip without question and at a price of 14/1 or higher, is worthy of a Each Way bet. He also is keen on decent ground, which is whats most likely for the race.
The other selection in the race is Well Refreshed. After watching his last race back, it's clear he stayed on really well when winning at Haydock over 3m4f. This was also over Heavy ground which would have added further strain to the horse's stamina. At a price of 8/1, he is worthy of an Each Way bet, but I wouldn't be surprised if he won the race.
No comments:
Post a Comment