Sunday, 21 April 2013

WINCANTON TIPS - SUNDAY 21ST APRIL 2013

2:10PM

This really is a wide open race. There are some runners who I feel, don't stand much of a chance based on their recent form, whilst there are a few who have produced decent results in the past and could go strongly today. For me, I have chosen KINGS ROAD at 5/1 and OSMOSIA at 10/1.
King's Road has some cracking recent form, winning his last 2 out of 3 outings in handicap hurdle races. Whilst they may have come against weaker opposition that he is likely to face today, he is clearly in top form and an Each Way place is almost certainly on the cards.
Osmosia is also one that is in the form of it's life. Having a number of wins under its belt against some moderate opposition, I can see it doing well today. My only concern, is that it hasn't run since November 2012, suggesting fitness concerns. There are others who are alot more fresh than her, but the price of 10/1 is too good to turn down, and I will be having a small Each Way bet on this horse.
It's Me Vs The Bookmakers again today.

KINGS ROAD - EACH WAY
OSMOSIA - EACH WAY


3:10PM

Whilst there seems to be a clear established favorite in this race, King Edmund, I have decided that there is probably no value in backing it as it's true odds are almost identical to that of the market price. Instead, I have gone for Aidan Coleman's ride, NORBUNGA at 5/1. This horse has good form on all types of ground, but is at his best on Good ground. He is fairly consistent in his performances and he clearly has guts and determination when finishing always in the top half of the field against some tough opposition. I will look to back him Each Way today, as I feel he will almost certainly get into the top 3.

NORBUNGA - EACH WAY


3:40PM

Having watched LOWER HOPE DANDY's last run at Cheltenham back, it looks a fairly convincing run against some tough opposition. Connections with the horse have decided to run only a few days after this race, ensuring that the handicapper doesn't penalize it. Therefore, it's easy to see why this horse is 6/4 favorite. There probably is value in backing him to win. Other than that, I really like the look of HATTERS RIVER at 9/1. Brendan Powell rides this one today and his consistency against some tough opposition says to me that he will go well today. At a big price, there is some huge value in backing this one today.

LOWER HOPE DANDY - WIN
HATTERS RIVER - EACH WAY


5:10PM

A small race with huge talent. The runners here have all been capable in the past of winning decent races and it was very hard to pick one which I thought stood out. However, I have come to the conclusion that THE BIG FREEZE, will take this one and win it comfortably. The danger, is most likely to come in the form of
ROCKY BENDER, who is also in great form and I can see these two going close in the race today.

THE BIG FREEZE - WIN
ROCKY BENDER - EACH WAY


No comments:

Post a Comment