Saturday, 13 April 2013

STRATFORD TIPS - SATURDAY 13TH APRIL 2013

3:05PM

Prediction - A fairly competitive race, with a few runners looking interesting from the form figures. One that stuck out almost immediately is MIDNIGHT SAIL. I tipped and backed him when he won in brilliant style at Kempton, although his last run at Newbury was a big disappointment for me. After watching the race back, he was traveling really well for the majority of the race, although a significant blunder at the fifth last was enough to put him out of the race. As well as this, another Each Way fancy is THAT'S THE DEAL. He goes well on Soft ground and was very impressive when he won at Fakenham, his finishing time being 6.5 seconds than the preceding novice chase.

MIDNIGHT SAIL - WIN
THAT'S THE DEAL - EACH WAY


3:40PM
I will be looking to get back on form at
Stratford today.

Prediction - This is a race which was fairly hard to predict. There is a clear favorite here in SWIFT LORD,  ridden by Daryl Jacob. Whilst he may not be at peak fitness, he finished 3rd last time out at Kempton and stayed on well, closing on the leaders at a rapid pace. With fairly weak opposition here today, I can see him almost certainly being in the first 3, however, his market price is too short for me to back Each Way. Therefore, I will be looking to back him for the win. Another horse to watch out for, is ALWAYSTHEOPTIMIST. He was 4th in a close contest at Ludlow last time out and was a good second before that at Southwell against some fairly competitive opposition. Whilst he hasn't won a race since 2011, he is on good form and can make it happen today against weaker opposition.

SWIFT LORD - WIN
ALWAYSTHEOPTIMIST - EACH WAY


4:15PM

Prediction - The race of the day in my opinion. I really like the look of CLARET CLOAK, who has shown  glimpses of class with impressive wins at Newbury and Sandown in the past. He performed well on the last day of the Cheltenham Festival in an extremely competitive handicap hurdle finishing 16th. I rate this performance much more than most people. I will be looking for him to go for the win today. Other preferences are for ROCKY ELSOM and DREAMBROOK LADY. 

CLARET CLOAK - WIN
ROCKY ELSOM - EACH WAY
DREAMBROOK LADY - EACH WAY


4:50PM

Prediction - A poor race with not many who have performed well in the past. MASTER CARDOR VISA is one that will almost certainly be there or thereabouts today. He has put in some pleasing performances against moderate opposition and the trip should be of no concern. The other preference is for ASHMOLIAN. The bookmakers have opposed this horse, although I believe the trip should be no problem and whilst he fell at Plumpton last time out, he likes this sort of ground and at a big price, is worth a small Each Way bet.

MASTER CARDOR VISA - WIN
ASHMOLIAN - EACH WAY





Follow me on Twitter: @WheresMyEdge

No comments:

Post a Comment