As the busy Christmas period is coming up and the Jump racing season really starts to kick off, I thought it would best to start the blog back up again and give you some of my thoughts on certain races etc. I won't be posting any tips or advice as such, although there may be some suggestions which I make which you may choose to take or ignore at this time.
![]() |
| Cheltenham Festival 2013 |
The season so far as been mixed for me, including some results. The betting side has produced some fantastic results, but has also led me to make some crucial mistakes which have resulted in me damaging my overall profit return. For new readers, I think it is wise to say this is not a website where you will find tips/advice. This blogging page is purely a way to express my views on racing and what I think of the busy period starting from now and finishing early May. There are some readers and followers who have asked me what my favorite tracks are and which ones I am most successful at. I think my least successful track is Fontwell. Don't ask me why; but that place has produced some horrors for me in the past and I don't understand why. Normally, I can understand why the bet went wrong and where I can amend certain things for the future. Fontwell, on the other hand, makes it difficult for me to understand where I went wrong. I don't know why; but I'm working on making that track more successful. My most successful track is between Chepstow and Cheltenham; although the Festival this year was slightly frustrating. As Chepstow is my local track, I tend to go there more frequently and am familiar with the layout and what horses may be best suited to way the track is set out.
Another topic I always get asked about is about my form study and how I come to the conclusions I get to. It is a mixture between the use of sectional timings, previous form and what a horse is best suited to. This could be from the going of the ground to their preference of a track, the layout of the circuit (flat or a mixture of flat and hills). All of these details will hopefully generate a conclusion of the race and what I think represents the best value.
I will be back this weekend with a preview of racing at Cheltenham on Saturday, so be sure to tune in for that. This will be up on Friday evening.
If you would like to check out any of my previous posts, I welcome you to use the Navigation side bar on the right of the page.
I would also like to remind you that we have a Facebook page which I invite you to 'Like and Share' with your friends to try and boost the amount of traffic we get on the website: www.facebook.com/wheresmyedge

No comments:
Post a Comment